I don't know how it happened but I have somehow been swept up into the Royal Wedding madness! I blame it on my Royal watching friends, the fact that I live under the Commonwealth, and of course Kate Middleton's keen fashion sense :)
I've been invited to several tea parties on Friday to celebrate the Royal wedding so I thought it would be a good occasion to use the cute tea cup cupcakes holders that I received as a Christmas gift.
But what to fill them with?
Earl Grey cupcakes with Marmalade buttercream of course!
Earl Grey Cupcakes
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
2 bags early grey tea
Few drops of vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition
4. Add a few drops of vanilla, you don't want vanilla to be the prominent flavor.
3. Whisk dry ingredients together (open tea bags and empty each into the dry ingredients)
4. Add dry ingredients and milk to wet mixture alternately ending with flour, be sure to fold in gently.
Back at 350 degrees for 19 minutes or until toothpick is removed clean.
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, creamed
Add 1/3 Cup Milk and 3 to 4 Cups Powdered Sugar alternately to butter
Add 3 to 4 Tbsp of good quality marmalade
* Careful what piping tip you use, the orange rind can block up small tips.
So throw on an apron and your most outrageous fascinator and start mixing!