Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vanilla Bean + Sour Cream Pound Cake

Weekends are my favorite time to bake, more specifically Saturdays.
Sleep in a little + Cup of hot tea + Quick run + Baked goods = Bliss!

So yesterday morning I threw on my favorite apron and started mixing.



Vanilla Bean Sour Cream Pound Cake
Recipe from Bon Appetit
3/4 cup plus 1 T all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream*
*I would add a little less if I make this again. Just a little too much for my taste

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  Butter and flour a metal loaf pan, butter that sucker good!
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients:  flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl combine sugar, butter and the seeds of the vanilla bean.















4. Beat until smooth, light and fluffy.
5. Add in the egg, egg white, vanilla extract.
6. Beat until it thickens, about a minute and a half, then add the sour cream and mix for another minute.
















7. Add the flour mixture and beat until just Incorporated.
8. Pour the batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.


Bake for 50 minutes or until it passes the tooth pick test!
Let sit in pan until cool. Drizzle with a vanilla glaze or leave it plain. Whatever you prefer!


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?! Amazing! I am getting a sweet tooth craving right now!!

    ReplyDelete