Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vanilla Sugar.

I love vanilla.

Don't get me wrong I also love chocolate, in fact I may very well be a chocolate addict. But there is something about vanilla, it's warm, sweet, and makes everything smell pretty much perfect.

I usually use vanilla extract for my baking but when I'm creating something where vanilla is the predominant flavor I think it's essential to use vanilla beans. However, vanilla beans can be expensive so if you decide to splurge and spend the money on them don't throw out the pods after you scrape them!

Make vanilla sugar!

It is so easy to make and adds the most beautiful flavor in baking where granulated sugar is used.


Vanilla Sugar
3 Cups Sugar
1 Vanilla Bean
Large Jar
Simply throw your vanilla pod and sugar together in the jar and let it sit for a week. You can also use a full vanilla bean, just scrape the seeds out and throw them in with the sugar for an even more intense vanilla flavor!

Your kitchen will smell amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment