Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a Boy!

A girlfriend of mine from back in high school is expecting a little boy in just a few weeks and had a small shower for family and friends yesterday.

I took the opportunity to whip up some cupcakes!
I went with my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and a simple vanilla butter cream. I added some homemade marshmallow fondant teddy bears for a little extra cute.



If you're interested in making your own fondant [which tastes a whole lot better than the store bought stuff] I'll be posting a recipe a little later this week.

Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
1 Cup [Vanilla] Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Veg. Oil
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Boiling Water [This step makes all the difference.]

Method:
Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat with a mixer for about two minutes. Add boiling water and beat until just blended.

Bake at 350F for 19-20 minutes in lined cupcake pan.
Yields 24 Cupcakes.

Easy Peasy Vanilla Buttercream
3/4 Cup Butter [softened]
1/3 Cup Milk
3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar [depending on how thick you want your frosting]
2 Tsp Vanilla

Method:
Beat sugar and milk into the butter, making about three additions of sugar and two of milk. Mix in Vanilla at the end.

These are my go to cupcakes, they have never let me down. If they could, they probably wouldn't say the same about me.

Still time to enter my CSN giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I need to work on making cute cupcakes like this! And I'll look forward to the homemade fondant recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Freaking RULE! Adorable award of the day!

    ReplyDelete