Friday, December 10, 2010

Let the holidays begin!

Hey guys!

12am last night I dropped my final paper in my department's mailbox and officially finished my first semester of graduate studies! It was a scary and stressful semester but I made it through! Now I can finally relax and start enjoying the holiday season, there is lots of baking and boring treadmill crisp morning runs to be had! Not to mention Hughie and I will be leaving for Florida on the 22nd to visit my parents! I'm looking forward to getting a little sun in the dead of winter :)

Garlic
The last time we talked I had a bit of a crisis on my hands, an abundance of garlic. So I took Small Town Girl's advice and cooked up some 20 clove garlic! It.was.amazing.

I some how lost half of the pictures I took while cooking so you can enjoy the visual stimulation of spices in a bowl and a pan full-o-buttah!



Who doesn't like admiring butter anyways?

You can find the recipe I used here!

And since we're on the topic of butter...



I made these red velvet cupcakes for a university potluck and they are YUMMY!

Oh...helloo.

I followed the recipe from Cook's Illustrated and added a couple extra Tbsp of Cocoa.

What are you up to during the holidays?

Alanna

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your first semester of grad school! That recipe is a regular in our house - love it! We're headed to my parents' house in Eastern Oregon for Christmas and all the siblings but one are supposed to be there. I'd love to get some sun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can almost smeeeelllll the butter in the pan. Yum. Congratulations on your first semester done; that's amazing! Have fun in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummo indeed!!!!! Wishing you wonderful holidays also!

    ReplyDelete