Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Family Folklore

I've mentioned on the blog before that I'm completing my Masters in Folklore, and recently I was assigned to complete a photographic essay for one of my classes. The only restriction was that it had to be something of interest to folklorists, of course the foodie in me took over.

Being in part a foodie blog I thought I'd share it with you guys, however, I'm going to leave out the captions that I included in the course essay.

Since I can remember my father has been baking tea buns using the same recipe that my great grandmother created herself when she was first married, it's a simple and comforting recipe and one I intend to recreate throughout my life as well.

Do you have any recipes that have been passed down in your family?

Side note: My wonderful boyfriend Hughie let me use his DLSR and helped me with the technical stuff :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, great pictures! The only recipe that I have and use several times a year is our potato salad. My husband's grandmother made lefsa(sp?) with us one year but refuses to share the recipe with us, so I won't count that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my - what wonderful photos indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any way you can email me the recipe. I would love to try making them. I have a hard time reading the recipe in the photo.

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you post the recipe?

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you post the recipe?

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin, I'll get the recipe to you the second I can get my hands back on that recipe book :)

    ReplyDelete