Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yum in my Tum + Happiness in a Bag!

Training: Monday, June 15: 60 min Group Ride.

Well, I've cooked up my first random dish from 'The Joy of Cooking' for 'Joy of Cooking June!' I wish I could tell you that it was something fantastically intricate and gourmet but it just wasn't. I sectioned out the recipes section of the book and flipped the pages and threw my finger down on page 575, 'Japanese Steakhouse Ginger Dressing'. It really couldn't get much easier than this, throw everything in a food processor and there you go, all done.

I have to say, it was super simple but super yummy! I had it over a bed of mixed spring greens and avocado, on the side I had some maple salmon (mix real maple syrup with two T shallot and pour over, broil for 8 minutes).
 

 So, this dinner was REALLY easy but was extremely satisfying. Hopefully I stop on something a little more interesting for my next 'Joy of Cooking June' installment :) 

Today I received a much anticipated and anxiously awaited package at my door!


oh, Lululemon, how I love you! You're pricey, but you're worth it!

Upon opening my package I realized I ordered the ninja running package. Black shirt, black pants, black socks! Oh well, black always looks good right!?

My Lululemon gear always fits well and lasts and lasts through all my sweaty work outs, and I don't know about you guys, but for me it's absolutely essential to be comfortable while running.

Modern Racer Tank
Run: Empower Crop II
W Ultimate Running Sock

That's what I received in that wonderful white package, I'm excited to try it all out tomorrow.

That's all for now!

Alanna

2 comments:

  1. That ginger dressing looks wonderful :) I really do love the Japanese ginger / rice vinegar / soy / sugar flavour combinations :)

    ReplyDelete