Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A new running partner.

Training: 6 Miles, 52 Min.

Hello bloggies!

I had a great weekend, it was completely laid back. Friday morning I did two classes at the gym, the first was a body active group which KILLED me, it was my first time taking the class and it took every last bit of energy I had to get through it. It was a class based entirely around weight training and full body work, I was shaking like a leaf!

I thought about skipping the group ride class the was right after it but I had already set up my bike and put my towel and water bottle on the bike to save it, so why not!

I could barely hold myself up on the bike for that 60 minutes. After I left I couldn't raise my arms above my chest, I haven't pushed myself that hard in quite some time.

Later that evening Hughie and I had supper at our favorite Indian restaurant and made a little trip to our local running room. Hughie is a cyclist, and that's that. I've teased him off and on about coming for a run with me sometime but he had no interest, at all.

Until a week ago, we were talking about my race coming up in just over four weeks and how I'm feeling a little behind in my training and all of a sudden he said he would train with me!

This is a big deal ladies and gents, a BIG deal.

He's a keeper :)

He had a foot mapping done and bought his very first pair of running shoes!

I can't wait to run with him, it'll be a whole new running experience.

While at the Running Room I picked up a new hydration pack, a Camelbak. It's very small, only holding 1.5 liters of water. It'll be great for those longer runs and hopefully it doesn't chafe, my only worry.

I also bought this pineapple Gu, which didn't go down so easy,


Also, over the weekend I baked some cupcakes for the 'Sparks' of The Girl Guides of Canada's for their 100th anniversary. They were a hit and were apparently gone in minutes :)



Today is suppose to be a rest day so we'll see how it goes, maybe another installment of 'The Joy of Cooking June'?

7 comments:

  1. My goodness - those cupcakes look wonderful - you are so clever!!!!
    And yay for new running partners :) I just LOVE it when Mr BBB and I run together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of him to say he'd run with you! Let us know how the camelback works?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cupcakes! No wonder they went fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say one of my favorite things is running with my husband. I cuss at him the whole time under my breath for pushing me so hard, but afterward, I never say a word. He laughs at how different my perspective is during the pushing vs the minute the workout is over. =o) Those cupcakes look YUM-tastic!! So cute with the little pink clovers on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love new running partners! Sounds like an awesome class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog, and I'm really liking it! I mean who doesn't love sweat and cupcakes (I'm perhaps less keen on blood)?!?!

    That cupcake is really adorable!

    I wish I had a running partner, but my husband hates running. Plus, we're on the verge of moving. Maybe I'll find someone after that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great running items...I love the shoes...that is cool...:D

    vibram

    ReplyDelete