Friday, June 4, 2010

Bringing the baking back to the blog.

I sometimes forget about the "cupcake" part of 'blood, sweat and cupcakes'. I bake, a lot! Yet, I always forget to blog about it. My confection of choice is the cupcake, to me there is nothing more perfect than a tiny little cake topped with a pillow of sugary goodness. A good cupcake can change your life, in my opinion :)

However, I like to bake all kinds of things! Today I received a request from my Dad for a muffin that included blueberries, banana, and peanut butter. Easy Enough!

Peanut Butter, Banana, Blueberry Muffins:
  • 2 Large Overripe Bananas
  • 6 oz. Vanilla Yogurt
  • 1/2 C Peanut Butter
  • 3 T & 2t Egg White
  • 1 t Vanilla
  • 1/3 C Sugar
  • 1 C Whole Wheat Flour
  • 3/4 C All Purpose Flour
  • 2 T Chia Seeds
  • Dash of Cinnamon
  • 1 t Baking Soda
  • 1 C Fresh Blueberries

They came out so moist! With no milk or butter!

Yesterday evening the mister and I took a trip to The Outfitters, a local outdoor equipment shop. I was in the market for a new hydration pack I could use while running, I have one that is great for cycling but too big for running. To my dismay they didn't have what I was looking for. I did however pick up some running essentials.

Body Glide, Orange-Ginger Nuun, A handheld North Face water bottle, and Cliff Shot Blocks: Lemon-Lime and Cran-razz. I got the Cran-razz for a dollar because they had recently expired... I wont be eating those before an important run!

I've only tried Nuun once before in its original flavor, I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

Do you have any running must haves?

4 comments:

  1. First off, those muffins look absolutely delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I unfortunately don't have any running must-haves...although my list is growing. I am purchasing a RoadID today, and am hoping to make a trip to Fleet Feet sans kids to check out their water bottle selection. I'm not putting up enough mileage to need a water bottle while I run but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great looking muffins! I will have to try the recipe for sure! I love that they include yoghurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun recipe I stumbled across... I used all whole wheat flour so they weren't as fluffy but had that wholesome taste, then used chocolate chips and no blueberries or sugar. They turned out really well! Keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so trying those muffins look so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete