Monday, May 17, 2010

New born Garmin.

Hi bloggies!
Last monday was my 25th birthday and I was a very spoiled, lucky lady!
I received a Garmin forerunner 405 from my parents. It was a total surprise and I was thrilled! Garmins are pricey and my student budget most likely wouldn't allow for one until I finished grad school. Speaking of grad school, I also received my official letter of congratulations of undergraduate degree completion and will officially be starting grad school in the Fall.



Garmin!


I'm so happy! It almost feels like I have a new pet or a new born! HA! I think i'll have to give little new born Garmin a name. 
The weather here in St.John's, NL has been terrible! We always get more than our fair share of rain and fog in the Spring but it has been non-stop for the past month. I guess that's what you get when you live on an island in the middle of the Atlantic.

My wonderful, handsome mister surprised me with some mini bike tour essentials. 

A sleeping pad.

A sleeping pad chair converter.

and A camp stove!

I'll have to take some picture of the new gear to show you soon.

The evening ended over a nice meal with my parents and Hughie and a giant piece of cake!

Delish!

Tely 10 Training:

Well, I thought things were going ok. I mean I knew I had lost a lot of my endurance over the winter but my easy runs felt fine, I should have known better.
Yesterday called for a long run but it was cold and raining out so I took to the treadmill. 
Miles 1 & 2: Everything felt fine, I kept it nice and easy for the first two miles, had a yogurt before getting started and thought that would be enough to get me though, mistake number one. 
Mile 3: I picked it up and drank a lot of water, mistake number two. 
I was aiming to run at least five miles, not a long run but any more on the treadmill makes me a little crazy. 
Mile 4: Took it up to 7.5 MPH which felt great, kept drinking water, mistake number three.
Mile 5: Dry heaves and vomit (sorry). Fail.

It was terrible, I felt light headed and no one likes to throw up. I assume there were several contributing factors that lead to vomit. 
1. Empty tummy.
2. Way too much water.
3. Out of shape. 

That last one hurts the ego. I've got about nine or ten weeks left to get ready for the Tely which means I seriously have to pick it up a few notches. 

I'll let you know how it goes!

Alanna.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jolene! I had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) Sounds like you were spoiled :)
    Second - sorry to hear the run did not go as planned :( Here's hoping the next one is a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I was certainly spoiled :)
    and I just got back from a strong 5 miles so I'm in much better spirits!

    ReplyDelete