Monday, October 5, 2009

Think Pink.

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in posting since my first post. I've been a busy bee with the start of a new university semester. But even with all the stress of new classes, text books the price of two months groceries, trying to figure out grad school plans in my head and trying to dodge every first year who sneezes without covering their schnoz I have been running semi regularly, which is a plus.

Yesterday morning I ran the Run for the Cure 5k.


It was a great little 5k and I set a new PR at just under 25 minutes, and for a great cause! Although it was cold and drizzly and I haven't been able to stop sneezing since. That's something that happens to me quite often after a run, I sneeze, a lot. Anyone else?

I recently finished "Born to Run: A hidden tribe, superathletes,  and the greatest race the world has never seen" by Christopher McDougall.
 
I loved it!
I wont say too much about it but it certainly made me want to try out some ultra running some time in the future, the very distant future.

Alright, I'm going to keep this sort simply because I should be studying. I do however plan to write some longer 'themed' blogs, maybe on runners lingo, trends, and of course... injuries.

- Alanna

1 comment: